Saturday, February 28, 2009

OT: Star Trek: The Next Generation

I'm having a resurgence of interest in reading Star Trek books, perhaps kindled by the new film. Though I prefer TNG and Voyager. I'm currently reading Destiny: Gods of Night by David Mack, the first part in a trilogy. So I was pleased to see that the TNG main crew are providing voices for an episode of Family Guy (not something I watch but I can make an exception if/when it's shown in the UK). From tv.com:

Fox has revealed that former Star Trek: The Next Generation cast members Patrick Stewart, Levar Burton, Gates McFadden, Michael Dorn, Wil Wheaton, Denise Crosby, Marina Sirtis, Brent Spiner, and Jonathan Frakes will lend their voices to the March 29 episode of Family Guy "Not All Dogs Go to Heaven."

The geek-tastic episode sees the Griffins head to the Quahog Star Trek convention, where Stewie devises a plan to get the Next Geners back to the house.

I'd like to see some audio books read by original cast members, as Doctor Who and Stargate SG1 have done.

No comments: