Monday, May 28, 2012

2012 Dagger Shortlists

I was away at Crimefest last weekend so I'm trying to catch up on the important things I've missed. I'd already prepared my International Dagger shortlist post (as I knew this one :)). Also announced on Friday were the shortlists for the Ellis Peters Historical Dagger, the Dagger in the Library, Non-Fiction Dagger, Short Story Dagger and Debut (ie unpublished) Dagger.

Ellis Peters Historical Dagger Shortlist

The Crown by Nancy Bilyeau (Orion)
I Will Have Vengeance by Maurizio de Giovanni (Hersilia Press)
Bitter Water by Gordon Ferris (Corvus)
Prague Fatale by Philip Kerr (Quercus)
Icelight by Aly Monroe (John Murray)
Sacrilege by SJ Parris (HarperCollins)
A Willing Victim by Laura Wilson (Quercus)

Dagger in the Library Shortlist

Belinda Bauer
S.J. Bolton
Susan Hill
Peter May
Steve Mosby
Imogen Robertson

A summary of all the shortlists can be found on the CWA's website. The winners will be announced on 5 July at the CWA Awards Ceremony.

2 comments:

Maxine Clarke said...

Unusually for me, as I don't usually read historical novels, I have read two on this shortlist - I Will Have Vengeance and A Willing Victim. I wouldn't think either of them would be an obvious winner, though, even though I haven't read the others.

Of the Library shortlist, it is a pity that stalwarts such as Nicci French who have been churning out great crime fiction for years did not make it to the longlist as "she" is always popular with library users if our library is anything to go by. I've read books by the first four on your list and think any of them would be a good winner.

Marce said...

SJ Bolton is the new author to me that I have on my Wishlist.

I love shortlist, thanks for sharing.