Friday, November 08, 2013

Publishing Deal - Antti Tuomainen

A press release in today's Booktrade reveals that Harvill Secker have bought a second book from Finnish crime writer Antti Tuomainen, called Dark as My Heart:
Alison Hennessey, Senior Crime Editor at Harvill Secker, has acquired UK & Commonwealth rights to Finnish crime writer Antti Tuomainen's Dark as My Heart. The Healer, Tuomainen's first novel to be published in English, was published by Harvill Secker in 2013 to glowing reviews. Dark as My Heart will be published in 2015.

Alison Hennessey said: 'I am delighted to have acquired Antti's new book. He is a huge favourite of everyone here at Harvill and, as anyone who has read The Healer will know, a wonderful writer. Dark As My Heart has all the elements of a fantastic psychological thriller which will appeal to fans of Patricia Highsmith and Harvill's own Karin Fossum.'

About Dark as My Heart:

In the vein of Patricia Highsmith and Alfred Hitchcock, comes a brilliantly atmospheric psychological thriller from an outstanding voice in international crime fiction. Antti Tuomainen's Dark As My Heart is narrated by Aleksi, whose mother disappeared when he was a boy, never to be found. Now in his early thirties, Aleksi has never got over his mother's disappearance but when he sees an interview with his mother's former employer it triggers some disturbing memories and, determined to find out more, he applies for a job as caretaker of the man's isolated seaside estate. Dark as My Heart has spent nine weeks in the Finnish bestseller list and rights have been sold throughout Europe.
The whole press release is here.

My review of The Healer.

1 comment:

Little Grey Doll said...

I really enjoyed The Healer and very happy that another Tuomainen is on its way.