Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Favourite Euro Crime Reads of 2013 - Amanda

In today's instalment of the Euro Crime reviewers' favourite reads of 2013, Amanda Gillies reveals her favourite Euro Crime and/or translated titles:


This year’s Top 5 has been so hard to choose. It gets harder every year as the number of excellent books that Karen sends me to read keeps on increasing. I could have done with a Top 10 this year and feel bad at having to cut other equally awesome books out.

These five are my ‘most favourite favourites’ and all of them have either had me seriously disturbed, or sobbing, or in emotional turmoil for one reason or another. They are all well written, with interesting and unique plots, and have kept me focused and engaged from beginning to end.

Many thanks to Karen for all her hard work with Eurocrime over the last year and for sending us reviewers all these wonderful books to read. I am looking forward to seeing what 2014 brings!

And many thanks to Amanda for her kind words.

No comments: